Awards and Recognition
River Dolls of Goolwa has been recognised by the prestigious American doll magazine DOLL READER (Dec/Jan 2004 issue). River Dolls is the first Australian doll shop to be included in the Shop Talk section. River Dolls of Goolwa was awarded the 2001 Fleurieu Tourism Award for a new business development.
Lyn's involvement with community activities in the River Port of Goolwa has resulted in the following awards:
- 2018 President of Goolwa Tourism 5214
- 2017 Life Membership of Cittaslow Goolwa after being President for 10 years and coordinator of Goolwa's accreditation program
- 2015 Life Membership of the Southern Alexandrina Business Association (SABA) in recognition of years of service
- 2012 Australian of the Year for Alexandrina awarded to Lyn Clark for her services to Goolwa, Cittaslow and tourism
- 2010 received Fleurieu Tourism Award for contributions to tourism in the Alexandrina Council region
- 2009 Made a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Club of Goolwa
- 2008 Australia Day Event of the Year for the Cittaslow Accreditation Weekend. Lyn was Convenor of the Goolwa Cittaslow Working Party. Goolwa became the first Cittaslow (or slow town) in Australia.
- 2007 SA Great Regional Awards Commendation for Community Service for Lyn
- 2004 Australia Day Event of the Year for the Stage 4 Finish of the 2003 Jacob's Creek Tour Down Under. Lyn was coordinator of the Goolwa Organising Committee.
- Australian Centenary Medal for contributions to the community, especially the Centenary of Federation - Source to Sea.
- 2002 Australia Day Event of the Year for the Telstra CountryWide Town Tin Kettling as part of the Source to Sea celebrations for the Centenary of Federation. Lyn was coordinator of the Organising Committee.
Lyn is shown in 2001 with Federal Member for Barker, Mr Patrick Secker after being presented with the Australian Centenary Medal for services to the Centenary of Australian Federation celebrations, especially the Source to Sea.